Yes (endorses a convention)
- Citizens Union. Principal: Dick Dadey. Bio: Executive Direct of Citizens Union.
- ChangeNYS.org. Principal: James Coll. Bio: Adjunct professor of American and Constitutional history at Hofstra University.
- Committee for a Constitutional Convention. Principal: Evan Davis. Bio: Senior Counsel Cleary Gottlieb, former Counsel to Governor Mario Cuomo, President of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York and Vice Chair of Columbia University Board.
- League of Women Voters of New York State. Principal: Ms. Dare Thompson, President..
- New Kings Democrats. Principal: Anusha Venkataraman. New Kings Democrats is a progressive, grassroots political organization committed to bringing transparency, accountability, and inclusionary democracy to the Kings County Democratic Party.
- @LegalWeed4NY. Principal: Jerome W. Dewald. Bio: Partner in the marketing research firm, Awesomepova Research, which studies marketing and social media in the cannabis space; and Executive Director of Tax and Regulate NY State 2019, which seeks to place a constitutional amendment legalizing adult-use cannabis before the New York voters through a state constitutional convention.
- Long Island Association. Principal: Kevin Law, President.
- People’s Convention. Principal: Bill Samuels. Bio: Host of “Effective Radio with Bill Samuels”, which airs live for two hours every month. on AM970. Samuels has also put together a New York People’s Convention PAC; e.g., see ad for Digital Director, May 5, 2017.
No (opposes a convention)
- American Federation of Teachers. Principal: Randi Weingarten. Longtime president of the AFT who has funded and orchestrated no campaigns across the United States during the past decade.
- Conservative Party of New York State. Principal: Michael R. Long. Chair of the Conservative Party of New York State.
- Empire Government Strategies (under the URL NYConCon.info). Principal: Jerry Kremer, president of Empire Government Strategies and a former 13-term (1966-1988) New York State Assembly legislator. Kremer promotes Empire Government Strategies as “the most effective government relations firm in New York State.”
- Enterprise Association of Steamfitters Local 638. Principal: Patrick Dolan Jr., President.
- Independent Democratic Conference. Chaired by Senator Jeff Klein (D-Bronx/Westchester) and including Senator Marisol Alcantara, (D-Manhattan), Senator Diane Savino (D-SI/Brooklyn), Senator Jesse Hamilton (D-Brooklyn), and Senator Jose Peralta (D-Queens). See Unions and Independent Democratic Conference members stand together against national right-to-work legislation and release four-point protection plan for New York State workers, press release from office of Senator Jeff klein, February 10, 2017, and the accompanying report, Union Strong. “In opposing a Constitutional Convention, the IDC will work with labor to educate voters of the potential consequences of such an event, including the influence of outside special interests to push anti-worker amendments as well as the cost to taxpayers.”
- United University Professions
Non-Media Organizations or Individuals Covering the Referendum